Business - Vocational
NCFE TECHNICAL AWARD IN BUSINESS AND ENTERPRISE (VOCATIONAL)
This qualification is designed for learners who want an introduction to business and enterprise that includes a vocational and hands-on element. It has been developed to enthuse and inspire learners about a career in business and enterprise.
The qualification will appeal to learners who wish to set up their own business, move into employment, or progress onto further study.
This qualification aims to develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of business and enterprise and provide academic and study skills that will support progression within business and enterprise more broadly.
What Will You Do?
The content of the course relates directly to the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers in this sector. You will study two units. Unit 1 is an externally assessed unit and Unit 2 is internally assessed. Throughout the delivery of this qualification, the following transferable skills should be evident:
- team working – the qualification requires you to work with others
- communication skills
- presentation skills – you will learn to present your work to those around you
- initiative – you will learn what initiative is and why it is important in business
- working independently on specific tasks.
Throughout the delivery of this qualification, the following core areas will be covered in the two units:
- entrepreneurial characteristics and business aims and objectives
- legal structures, organisational structures and stakeholder engagement
- the marketing mix, market research, market and orientation types
- operations management internal and external influences on business
- resource planning and growth for business
- human resource requirements for a business start-up
- sources of enterprise funding and business finance
- business and enterprise planning
- enterprise tools
The qualification focuses on an applied study of the business and enterprise sector and you will gain a broad understanding and knowledge of working in the sector.
What Qualifications Can You Obtain?
At the end of the course you will achieve a Business and Enterprise vocational qualification that is equivalent to one GCSE. This will be either at Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*. There is a single tier of entry in business so you can achieve every grade from Pass to Distinction*
How Will Your Work Be Assessed?
The course has internally assessed components that make up a portfolio of evidence covering all learning outcomes. The internally assessed components are set by the awarding body and are broken down into assignments and smaller tasks for you to complete. This accounts for 60% of the qualification. The external component is a 1 1/2 hour exam set by the awarding body assessing application of knowledge and skills and accounts for 40% of the qualification.
Please note that if you choose GCSE Business or vocational Business as an option, we will advise you as to the most appropriate qualification (GCSE or vocational) for you.
For further information, please contact Mrs McKernan, Subject Leader for Business.