The aim of the role is to lead the Student Union, as well as to develop an interconnected and consistent approach across all societies. As President, you will also be responsible for taking the lead as part of the Student Voice and speaking on behalf of the student body.
- To promote and take an active role in the Learner Voice forums
- To represent the student body at presentation days, as well as performing presentation speeches at school and Sixth Form events
- To attend meetings where appropriate and as requested by the Governing Body and Senior Management Team
- To represent the Student Union at school and Sixth Form open evenings and marketing events
- To undergo training and keep records for the following Student Union handover
- To be part of the Sixth Form self-evaluation process and to attend meetings as required
- To ensure equality of opportunity is promoted and represented in all aspects of Sixth Form life.
- Supporting the Head of Sixth Form in promoting e-safety and safeguarding
The Vice President will represent the voice of the student body as well as act as deputy when required. You will also support the President in promoting the Student Union and the student body.
- To actively promote all the Student Voice forums and to attend meetings on behalf of the President when required
- To support the other post holders and chair persons of societies
- To attend Sixth Form marketing events.
In addition to the role of deputy this key role includes arranging meetings, minute taking and ensuring the Student Union follows the constitution.
- To send out agendas and take minutes of all Student Union meetings (a rota can be organised)
- To communicate regularly with all members of the Student Union
- To work closely with the Treasurer as well as Student Support Services team
Other roles may include:
- Accounts Manager
- Media and Publicity Officer
- Student Cohesion and Well Being Officer
- Charity/Fundraising Liaison Officer
- Teaching and Learning Officer
- Events Officer
- Sports Officer